Nestled between a massive pristine white sand beach and a freshwater lagoon, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara offers a new level of luxury in Salalah. This stunning resort features a sparkling infinity pool along with exquisite dining options and a world-famous Anantara Spa. With striking Omani carved wooden features amid the white-washed main building and traditional archways, the resort design was inspired by the Dhofar villages of days gone by. Quaint stone walkways surrounded by towering palms, tropical gardens and lush water features lead to luxurious villas with private entrances and intimate courtyards, widely spread out for privacy and comfort.
Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara is the first and only luxury resort in Southern Oman with private pool villas. Offering beach, lagoon or garden views, the private pool villas entice guests with personalised villa host services and separate living areas along with a private courtyard, outdoor lounging and a cabana.
Must-see attractions include:
1. Explore Wadi Darbat, a peaceful natural park, with the sight of camels and other wildlife around the lake.
2. The mountains meet the coastline in West Salalah. Check out some of the most beautiful scenery starting from Al Mughsayl. See the blow holes reaching 30 metres high along with a huge rock that forms an overhang known locally as the Al Marneef Cave. Then, enjoy stunning views as you weave through the mountains on Zig Zag Road to one of the best beaches in Oman, Al Fazayah. Marvel at crystal clear waters and pristine white beaches with a breathtaking landscape in the background.
3. Located next to the resort, Al Baleed Archaeological Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring ruins of an ancient frankincense trading port.
4. Check out one of the largest sand deserts in the world. Experience the sensation of being surrounded by a landscape of gigantic red and gold sand dunes, salt flats and oases.
5. Set out to view various species of dolphins as they dance along the water. Discover the thrills of fishing the vast expanse of the Arabian Sea, where you can escape and allow the calming breeze to sweep over you.
The resort features 30 premier sea view rooms, ten deluxe rooms and 96 villas, 88 of which come with individual private pools. Villas are available with a garden, lagoon or beach views and in one- and two-bedroom layouts along with one three-bedroom Royal Beach Pool Villa.
The three-bedroom Royal Beach Pool Villa offers the utmost luxury with commanding views of the white sandy beach, rolling waves and swaying palms. The villa offers spacious bedrooms and a family area as well as an outdoor terrace leading to the beach. A private 40 sq m pool surrounded by sunbeds and an outdoor dining area complete the experience along with a personalised villa host to ensure you get the most out of your stay.
Al Mina, translating as ‘The Port,’ captures the Mediterranean vibe in a relaxed ambience. Feast on an eclectic variety of dishes – each crafted from the finest seasonal ingredients and seafood catches. Dine at a shoreline table, taking it easy on the beach or lounging poolside. Evenings feel more sophisticated, with dining followed by shisha on the terrace.
Sakalan, an all-day dining restaurant features exciting themed buffets and live-cooking stations in the stylish dining room or outdoor terrace.
Discover Thailand, China and Vietnam at Mekong. Savour authentic age-old Asian recipes and regional specialties. Opt for comfortable elegance in the dining room, or enjoy a romantic lagoon view table on the terrace.
Anantara Spa takes guests on a holistic journey to restore strength, beauty and balance to the body, mind and soul. Special features include a luxury hammam, rasul steam experience and revitalising treatments using indigenous ingredients such as frankincense, coconut and pomegranate.
A fully equipped gym is available in the resort along with a tennis court.
Let the little ones delight in endless entertainment at the Albahhara Kids Club with a terrific range of unforgettably fun activities designed to motivate, develop skills and make new friends. Alshirae Teens Club is the perfect place to socialise with other young adults while enjoying air hockey and billiards or any of the latest gaming consoles.
For fun in the sun and surf, the resort offers a 44m-long outdoor infinity pool overlooking the sea, along with water sports such as kayaking, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and body boarding.
Now Qatar travellers can book the “Extend the Fun” package and take advantage of direct flight options as well as complimentary late check-out to get a full 48-hours of fun in Salalah.
Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara
Indulge yourself in this secluded luxury resort in Salalah