We realise the headline may seem, to the untrained eye, to be a bit of a contradiction, but The Cheesecake Factory, which you can find in malls across Qatar, serves an awful lot more than just cheesecake – and it does it well.
And, thankfully, while we’re spending more time at home, it has made recipes available online for us to try and recreate their dishes in our own kitchens.
As well as cinnamon swirl pancakes and Korean cauliflower wings, the eatery has also unveiled a recipe for a Chinese chicken salad, and it looks magnificent.
Here’s how you can make this zesty, flavoursome salad at home, with ease.
Serves two to four.
• 225g iceberg lettuce, cored and chopped
• 110g romaine lettuce, cored and chopped
• 110g red cabbage, cored and sliced thin
• 110g bean sprouts
• 110g green onions, chopped
• 225g poached chicken, sliced thin
• 235ml sesame-plum Dressing (available in fine food markets)
• 16 mandarin orange segments
• 110g crispy rice noodles
• 110g rrispy won ton strips
• 110g toasted almond slices
• 2 tsps. black and white sesame seeds
• 2 snow peas (mangtout), sliced thin
• Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
• Toss the ingredients together until evenly combined.
•Mound the ingredients into a large serving bowls.
• Place the mandarin orange segments around the salad.
• Top the salad with a little more crispy rice noodles and won tons.
• Sprinkle the Blue Diamond slivered almonds and sesame seeds over the salad.
• Garnish the salad with some thinly sliced snow peas.
For more of the best recipes to try at home, check out our dedicated channel here