If you’re from the UK and are familiar coffee shop chains from home, you have to try this delicious macaroni cheese recipe at home.
• 300g dried macaroni
• 60g butter
• 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 600g whole milk
• 250g mature cheddar
• 200g blanched cauliflower
• Handful of chopped parsley
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
• 50g Parmesan cheese
• 3tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
• 2tbsp olive oil
• Pre-heat the oven to 200-degrees C
• Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and refresh under cold water
• Heat the butter in a pan on medium to low heat and stir in the flour and mustard to make a roux.
• Gradually add the milk, beating continuously with a whisk until the mixture is smooth
• Slowly bring to the boil over a low-heat and whisk frequently until the mixture thickens.
• Stir the cheddar cheese into the white sauce and mix well until the cheese has melted.
• Add the cooked macaroni, cauliflower and parsley to the sauce and mix well?
• Season with sea salt and black pepper and spread the mixture into a large, wide gratin dish.
• Combine the Parmesan cheese with breadcrumbs and olive oil, sprinkle over the top of the macaroni mixture and bake for around 30 minutes until the topping is golden and crisp and the middle is piping hot.
• Serve immediately.
For more recipes click here.