Brit abroad? UK bakery chain Greggs has revealed recipes for a number of its most popular pies, including the legendary steak bake.
Since stores closed in the UK on March 24, Greggs has launched a ‘GIY’ campaign on Instagram, encouraging fans to Greggs It Yourself.
According to Greggs, this recipe is the next best thing to getting your hands on one from their stores.
Here’s how it’s done.
Greggs Steak Bake
• Finely diced beef
• Beef stock
• Cornflour (or flour) mixed with water
• Puff pastry
• An egg
• Sizzle the beef in a frying pan until browned
• Pour on the beef stock and then the cornflour mix
• Thicken to your taste and leave to cool
• Cut two pieces of pastry (180mm x 94mm, if you want to do it by the book) and egg wash the edges
• Spoon on the beef filling on one piece of pastry and place the other on top
• Fork the edges to seal and score six lines in the middle of the pastry, then egg wash your bake
• Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 200°C or until golden brown and piping hot
For more recipes to keep you cooking up a storm, click here.