Dreaming of that fitness goal, but somehow can’t seem to drag yourself off the sofa? With so many home workouts to try in Doha, there’s no reason you can’t get fit while you’re in your house. But while there’s plenty to choose from, sometimes your motivation might be lacking (especially when Netflix and a bag of crisps are within reaching distance).
Abhinav Malhotra, Elite Fitness Trainer at Fitness First shares some expert tips and key workouts to follow while at home, to make sure you keep active and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The best news? You don’t even need any gym equipment.
Here are seven top tips to keep you motivated in that home workout.
• Intrinsic motivation: Attach a strong reasoning as to why you want to achieve your fitness goals. Do you want to run a 5k? Be able to keep up with the kids? Feel more confident?
• Setting a goal: Set an exact goal regarding your fitness. These goals need to be measurable, realistic and time bound.
• Create a plan: Include a plan on how you are going to achieve these goals and write them down. The plan must include the exact workout routine, diet plan and sleep timings. When you have plan in place, it’s easier to stay on track.
• Visualise: Believe that you can do this and motivate yourself everyday by visualising your future self.
• Take action immediately: Ensure you do not procrastinate and keep your mind focused on your goals. Once everything is planned and written down, do not wait to put these into action for another day.
• Surround yourself with like-minded people: Try to be around individuals with similar thoughts and goals. Be a part of an online fitness community and take part in discussions. Talk to your friends about your goals and how you are executing them. This creates a huge impact by strengthening your mindset and drive towards your goal.
• Reward yourself: Always take into consideration the small goals within the bigger picture. Reward yourself for achieving small targets along your fitness journey, as this will help keep you motivated to move forward with your ultimate fitness and health goals.
For more sport and wellbeing in Doha, click here.
If you're not sure how to spend your time in, click here.