450 gr Apples (chopped small and no need to peel)
350 gr Raisin
225 gr Sultana
225 gr Currants
225 gr Candied mix peel
350 gr Soft dark brown sugar
2 pcs Orange (zest and juice)
2 pcs Lemon (zest and juice)
50 gr Almond stick
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
¼ tsp Nutmeg powder
• Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
• Stir them together very thoroughly.
• After mixing, cover the mixture with a clean cloth and leave the mixture in a cool place.
• Overnight or minimum 12 hours.
• After 12 hrs. Preheat the oven to 110C.
• Before putting it in the oven, cover the bowl loosely with foil and bake it for 3 hours.
• As it cools, stir from time to time and let the mixture coagulate.
• Keep on stirring until mixture is well mixed.
Sugar dough recipe
600 gr Butter
300 gr Sugar
4 pcs Egg yolks
• Mix the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
• Put in the egg yolk little by little.
• Mix until ingredients are incorporated.
• Put in the flour and mix, do not over mix since it will make the dough elastic.
• Wrap in plastic film and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
• Ready to use.
Final Steps for the MINCE PIE:
• Make sure the dough is not too hard or too soft so it can be easily rolled out into thin layers of 1/2cm.
• Cut them round according to preferred size of the pie mold and make sure they are greased properly.
• Place the pie dough/sugar dough on top of the mold and make sure all has equal sizes.
• Then place the mincemeat inside the pie dough, fill it up until it reaches the lip of the mold.
• Cover pie with the remaining pie dough. Egg wash the lip so it will stick together.
• Brush the top with egg mixture.
• Bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown in colour.