What could make the simple yet stunning, humble grilled cheese sandwich better? A sprinkle of Disney magic, of course.
The team over at Disney has released the famous grilled three-cheese sandwich recipe from Toy Story Land.
This cheesetastic recipe comes from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
And while we can’t hang out with Woody, Buzz and the gang right now, this is pretty much the next best thing.
The recipe serves four – perfect if you’re whipping up a quick meal for the little ones.
Ingredients for the cream cheese spread:
• 1/2 cup cream cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Ingredients for the garlic spread:
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
What you’ll need for the grilled three-cheese sandwich:
• 8 slices of artisan bread
• 8 cheddar cheese slices
• 8 provolone slices
• To make the cream cheese spread combine the cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth and set aside.
• To make the garlic spread combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended and then set aside.
• Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
• Place two slices of cheddar on four of the bread slices and place two slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
• Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
• Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
• Heat a large skillet over medium heat for five minutes, until hot.
• Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
• Grill sandwiches for two minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
For more yummy recipes to whip up at home (Disney ones included), head here.