We try out the Sorisa Skinlight facial at the Doha Marriott Spa, which is the only one of its kind in the city.
Well, whatever you want it to do really. It aims to address your facial skin concerns through a series of techniques that are customisable to suit your needs.
Step by step
As my skin is rather sensitive my knowledgeable therapist suggests that we tone down the treatment a bit, which meant decreasing each technique by around five minutes. There is no exfoliation or extraction in this treatment and although you can see results after one session, it’s best you go for a package of five sessions which take place every three weeks (four weeks in my case).
It uses a combination of microdermabrasion for removal of dead skin cells, drainage suction to stimulate the skin and production of collagen and electroporation, which uses a roll-on to meet your needs – whether they’re anti-ageing or in my case hydration (important in Qatar!), to name a few.
Then light therapy (photoporation, photoelectroporation and phototherapy) is used to basically plump up the skin.
A HydroCare gel with vitamin E is then used to deeply moisturise the skin and the treatment is finished off with some cryotherapy (application of cold) to decongest, tone and firm the skin for more anti-ageing benefits.
• My skin feels great weeks after the treatment and I was even tempted to buy the spa’s exclusive cleanser to keep up the good work
• The therapist is one of the most knowledgeable and friendly people I’ve come across in Doha’s spa trade. Ask her anything, I dare you!
• It’s a customisable treatment that works with your skin so if it’s sensitive it can still work
• It’s a one of a kind in Doha and brand new so the therapists are newly and constantly trained
• It is certainly not a relaxing treatment!
• You can’t allow too much sun on your face and must wear spf 30 at all times for three weeks afterwards which would get in the way of any sunbathing plans
My skin has never felt better. I could have done with the four extra sessions to really see great results but I’m happy with just my taster session. I splashed out and invested in their Pevonia cleanser, which was recommended by my therapist, and it’s done wonders for my skin ever since. I’m impressed.
Doha Marriott Spa, Doha Marriott, Khulaifat. QR420 for 120 minutes (currently there is a 15 percent discount on offer). Call 4429 8520